Definition of “cookie”.
Cookies are short fragments of text (letters and / or numbers) that allow the web server to store information on the client (the browser, eg Internet Explorer, Chrome , Firefox , Opera …) to be reused during the same visit to the site (session cookies) or later, even after days (persistent cookies). Cookies are stored, based on user preferences, by the single browser on the specific device used (computer, tablet , smartphone ).
Similar technologies, such as, for example, web beacons, transparent GIFs and all forms of local storage introduced with HTML5, can be used to collect information on user behavior and on the use of services.
A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from the user’s hard drive or transmit computer viruses or acquire email addresses . Each cookie is unique to the user’s web browser. Some of the functions of cookies can be delegated to other technologies. The term ‘cookies’ refers to cookies and all similar technologies.
Strictly necessary technical cookies. These are cookies that are essential for the proper functioning of a website which are used to manage various services related to websites ( such as a login or access to reserved functions on the websites). The duration of cookies is strictly limited to the work session or they can use a longer stay time in order to remember the visitor’s choices. Disabling strictly necessary cookies can compromise the experience of using and browsing the website.
Analysis ( analytics ) and performance cookies. These cookies are used to collect and analyze the traffic and use of a website anonymously. These cookies, even without identifying the user, allow, for example, to detect if the same user returns to connect at different times. They also allow you to monitor the system and improve its performance and usability. The deactivation of these cookies can be performed without any loss of functionality and will be dealt with in detail later.
Profiling cookies (not operational on this site). These are permanent cookies used to identify (anonymously or not) user preferences and improve their browsing experience. For more information on these cookies not used by the Website, please visit the appropriate section on the website www.garanteprivacy.it/cookie
Purpose of processing and purposes of technical session cookies.
- cookies with data compiled by the user (session identifier), for the duration of a session or persistent cookies limited to a few hours in some cases;
- authentication cookies, used for the purposes of authenticated services, for the duration of a session;
- user-centric security cookies, used to identify authentication abuses, for a limited persistent duration;
- session cookies for multimedia players, such as cookies for “flash” readers, for the duration of a session;
- session cookies for load balancing, for the duration of a session;
- persistent cookies for the customization of the user interface, for the duration of a session (or a little more);
- cookies for sharing content through third party social plug-ins, for members of a social network who have logged in.
The Data Controller therefore informs that only technical cookies (such as those listed above) are operational on the Site, which are necessary to navigate the Site as they allow essential functions such as authentication, validation, management of a browsing session and fraud prevention and allow example: to identify whether the user has had regular access to the areas of the site that require prior authentication or user validation and the management of sessions relating to the various services and applications or the storage of data for secure access or the functions of control and prevention of fraud.
For maximum transparency, a series of technical cookies and cases of specific operation on the Site are listed below:
- cookies implanted in the user’s / contractor’s terminal directly (which will not be used for other purposes) such as session cookies used to “fill the cart” in online reservations on the Site, authentication cookies, cookies for multimedia content such as flash players that do not exceed the duration of the session, personalization cookies (for example, for the choice of the navigation language, recall of the complete ID and password by typing the first characters, etc );
- the cookies used to statistically analyze accesses / visits to the site (so-called ” analytics ” cookies) which exclusively pursue statistical purposes (and not even profiling or marketing) and collect information in aggregate form without the possibility of tracing the identification of the individual user . In these cases, since the current legislation requires that for analytics cookies the interested party is provided with a clear and adequate indication of the simple ways to oppose ( opt -out) to their system (including any anonymization mechanisms of the cookies themselves) , we specify that it is possible to deactivate analytics cookies as follows: open your browser, select the settings menu, click on the internet options, open the privacy tab and choose the desired cookie blocking level. If you want to delete the cookies already saved in the memory, simply open the security tab and delete the history by checking the “delete cookies” box.
Third party cookies
By visiting a website you may receive cookies from sites managed by other organizations (“third parties”) that may reside in Italy or abroad.
An example present in most websites is represented by the presence of YouTube videos , Google API, use of Google Maps , and the use of “social plugins ” for Facebook , Twitter , Google+ and LinkedIn . These are parts of the visited page generated directly by the aforementioned sites and integrated into the host site page. The most common use of social plugins is aimed at sharing content on social networks in order to increase the user visitor experience .
The presence of these plugins involves the transmission of cookies to and from all sites managed by third parties. The management of the information collected by “third parties” is governed by the relevant information to which reference should be made. To ensure greater transparency and convenience, the web addresses of the various information and methods for managing cookies are shown below, specifying that the Data Controller has no responsibility for the operation of third-party cookies on this Site.
The Site incorporates the following third-party plug-ins:
At the following links you can find the relevant information of third parties that adopt profiling cookies .
- Google privacy information: link http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/ and complete information at the link http://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
- Google (configuration): the general out-out guide for Google services ( Maps , YouTube ) is available at the web address http://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=it
- Facebook information: https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies/ and https://it-it.facebook.com/about/privacy/cookies
- Facebook (configuration): log into your account. Privacy section. Or follow the various guides on the web for example https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/disable-third-party-cookies
Responsibility for the operation of Third Party Cookies.
As indicated by the Privacy Guarantor, this Site does not have the ability to control third-party cookies if it uses third-party services ( Facebook , Twitter “social buttons ”) for which only third parties are responsible. Furthermore, the possibility is recalled for the user to cancel and block the operation of cookies at any time by also using plugins for the browser and modifying their settings as indicated in the various manuals contained in the browsers.
Mandatory or optional consent for the operation of cookies that do not pursue marketing purposes.
It is not mandatory to obtain consent to the operation of only technical or third-party or analytical cookies similar to technical cookies. Their deactivation and / or denial of their operation will make it impossible to navigate the Site correctly and / or make it impossible to use the services, pages, features or content available there.